Coffee is one of the world's most popular beverages, with millions of people consuming it every day. However, in recent years, coffee trends have taken a turn for the bizarre, with some of the most ridiculous trends taking the world by storm.
The Top 10 Most Ridiculous Coffee Trends of the Year
- Avocado Coffee: Yes, you read that right. Avocado coffee is the newest trend to hit the coffee industry. This trend involves blending avocado with coffee to create a creamy, frothy drink. While some people swear by it, others find the combination of coffee and avocado downright disgusting.
- Charcoal Latte: Charcoal lattes are another trend that has taken the world by storm. The drink involves adding activated charcoal to a latte to create a black, smoky drink. While the drink looks impressive, there is little evidence to suggest that activated charcoal has any health benefits.
- Nitro Coffee: Nitro coffee is a trend that has been around for a few years now. The drink involves infusing coffee with nitrogen to create a creamy, velvety texture. While some people enjoy the smooth taste, others find it too heavy and overpowering.
- Coffee Smoothie Bowls: Coffee smoothie bowls are another trend that has gained popularity in recent years. The bowls involve blending coffee with fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients to create a healthy, filling breakfast. While the bowls can be delicious, they can also be loaded with sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.
- Butter Coffee: Butter coffee is a trend that involves blending coffee with butter and coconut oil. The idea behind the trend is that the butter and coconut oil provide a slow release of energy, making you feel full for longer. While some people swear by it, others find the combination of coffee and butter unappetizing.
- Unicorn Frappuccino: The Unicorn Frappuccino was a limited edition drink created by Starbucks in 2017. The drink was a blend of mango syrup, pink powder, and sour blue drizzle, topped with whipped cream and blue and pink powder. While the drink was visually impressive, it was criticized for being too sweet and having little actual coffee flavor.
- Beetroot Latte: Beetroot lattes are another trend that has gained popularity in recent years. The drink involves adding beetroot powder to a latte to create a pink, earthy drink. While the drink looks impressive, there is little evidence to suggest that beetroot has any health benefits.
- Golden Milk Latte: Golden milk lattes are another trend that has taken the world by storm. The drink involves adding turmeric to a latte to create a golden, earthy drink. While the drink has been praised for its anti-inflammatory properties, some people find the taste overpowering.
- Coffee Cocktails: Coffee cocktails have become increasingly popular in recent years, with bartenders experimenting with different coffee-based drinks. While some coffee cocktails can be delicious, others can be overly sweet and loaded with calories.
- Coffee in a Cone: Coffee in a cone is a trend that originated in South Africa and has since spread around the world. The trend involves filling a waffle cone with chocolate and then pouring a shot of espresso into it. While the trend is visually impressive, it can be messy and difficult to eat.
While some of these coffee trends may seem bizarre, there is no denying that they have captured the imagination of coffee lovers around the world. Whether you love them or hate them, these trends show no signs of slowing down anytime soon.